– 6 cups pumpkin flesh, cut into cubes
– 2 onions, chopped (about 2 cups)
– 1 cup carrot, peeled and chopped
– 2 cups apple chunks, peeled and cored
– 4 garlic cloves, minced
– 4 cups chicken stock
– 1⁄2 cup full-fat coconut milk; 1⁄2 tsp. dried thyme
– 1⁄4 tsp. ground sage
– 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
– 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
– 1 pinch cayenne pepper
– 1 pinch cinnamon
– 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
– Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
– Heat some cooking fat in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat.
– Add the onions and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
– Add the pumpkin, carrot, and apple, and cover with the chicken stock.
– Add the cumin, thyme, sage, paprika, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste.
– Bring the soup to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and let it simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
– Using a food processor, process in batches to the consistency of a purée.
– Bring the soup back to the saucepan. Add the coconut milk, combine and season again with salt and pepper to taste. Warm up the soup again a little bit.